Registered Interests for Lord Alton of Liverpool.
The Register is updated continuously throughout each sitting day and at regular intervals on other days.
Category 2: Remunerated employment, office, profession etc.
- Occasional income from journalism, writing, talks and speeches
Category 6: Sponsorship
- Occasional research assistance is provided by the Right To Life Charitable Trust and CARE on a pro bono basis
Category 7: Overseas visits
- Visit to Washington D.C., USA, 28-30 June 2022, to participate in International Religious Freedom Summit; travel and accommodation was provided by conference organisers, International Religious Freedom Roundtable
- Visit to Washington D.C., USA, 12-14 September 2022, to attend summit organised by Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China to meet with member legislators from 30 countries; travel, subsistence and accommodation were jointly funded by International Republican Institute and National Democratic Institute
- Visit to Republic of Korea, 9-13 February 2023, to deliver speech on human rights at National Assembly, hosted by Ministry of Reunification; accommodation, travel and honorarium provided by Credo (human rights NGO)
Category 10: Non-financial interests (a)
- Director and Trustee, Living and Dying Well (not for profit company)
Category 10: Non-financial interests (b)
- Advisory Committee, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Fellow, Liverpool John Moores University Roscoe Foundation for Citizenship
- Visiting Professor, Liverpool Hope University
- Member, International Advisory Board on Freedom of Religion or Belief, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA
Category 10: Non-financial interests (e)
- Trustee, Arise Foundation (supports grass-roots initiatives to counter human trafficking) (interest ceased 1 December 2022)
- Member, Sages Group on North Korean Human Rights (consisting of human rights experts)